It’s The Lovely Amy here today giving you a fruity frozen summer treat. This is one of my Mom’s summer recipes. Not sure where it came from but I remember eating this on hot summer days with all my cousins hanging around and fighting for how big a piece we got. There were only two girls in the pack of 8 and that was if my uncle did not invite his friends over too. So you can imagine us girls, both named Amy, got very small pieces. As I got older I learned how to make it and would make it into the cupcakes and hide them in the freezer so I was sure I got more than they did.
You can use any fruit or yogurt you choose. I have done chocolate variations as well, using chopped chocolate chips or even using chocolate cookies for the crust. It can be as simple as you want or as elegant and fancy.
First, I start with chopping the gram crackers and adding the sugar.
Then add the melted butter making sure you mix it till it is crumbly.
Once it is all mixed up then add it to your cupcake tins or a 13×9 freezer safe dish and press firmly down with a flat-bottomed cup to make the crust. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture here. Grr!
In another bowl and add your yogurt. I used Oikos Triple Berry and Cool Whip, mixing them together.
Then fold in your fresh fruit. I used Raspberries, but you can use whatever your favorite is.
Then place this on top of the gram cracker crumb crust.
Then add your fresh fruit on top I used blueberries on the Dish one and chocolate chips on the cupcakes.
After that just freeze for at lease 4 hrs and set it out for about 15 minutes before serving.
I made this for a recent Catalog opening I had for Stampinwithaheart. This was the first thing that was devoured. I was asked for the recipe by many so I let my handsome man use it on his blog. Thanks for checking in today with us here at Smidge!!
- 3 single serve yogurts any flavor (minimum 5 oz)
- 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip (I use Extra Creamy)
- 6 ounces of Fresh Fruit of your choice
- 6 ounces of a different Fresh Fruit of your choice
- 1¼ cup crushed gram crackers (I used cinnamon sugar)
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Do the pie crust first by adding sugar to the gram crackers
- add the melted butter and mix in until crumbly
- Take mixture and place in a 9x13 pan
- or you can add a tablespoon to each cup in a muffin tin that is lined
- push this down to form your crust
- Now in a separate bowl add yogurt and Cool Whip mixing well
- then lightly fold in your fresh fruit
- spoon the mixture into pan spreading evenly
- or if using muffin tin use about a heaping tablespoon in each cup.
- Add your additional fruit to the top if you choose.
- Freeze for about 4hrs