Baba Ganouj is one of nature’s miracle dips. It is so creamy, yet it contains no dairy or dairy substitutes whatsoever. It’s great with pita bread, crackers, corn chips, veggies and more. It’s just good wholesome ingredients.
Creating the dip usually takes longer and involves roasting a whole eggplant, but we’ve sped up the process here. Of course a shot of all the ingredients in one bowl.
- 1 eggplant*
- 2 cloves garlic*
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley*
- ¼ cup tahini*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- All items with the star * = Organic
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Cut the eggplant into 2 inch chunks.
- Wrap them in foil and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the flesh is soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove the skin from the cooled eggplant and place it in a blender.
- Add the garlic, parsley, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- The dip tastes great right away, but letting the flavors blend in the refrigerator for a couple hours will be even better.
- Baba Ganouj ingredients, ready to blend