Banana Cream Pie
What can be easier than this pie? Not much! Bananas, vanilla pudding, cream cheese, and a graham cracker crust come together to make this quick, delicious, traditional summer treat. I usually have all of these ingredients already in my kitchen, so whipping this up for a last-minute treat is a no-brainer.
Start by preparing your graham cracker crust. Ready-made is totally fine for this. It saves you a few steps, in fact! To make your own, simply pulse ⅓ of a box of graham crackers (or 1 package. Mine always come in threes!) in your food processor until they are finely ground. Add in ¼ cup sugar, and 5-6 Tablespoons of melted butter. Mix together and press into your pie pan. Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes.
Once you have your crust prepared (make sure it is cool if you make your own), cut up one banana on top of the crust.
Combine your softened cream cheese with the milk and the pudding mix, and mix well until thickened. Pour that mixture over the bananas and crust. Chill for several hours until set well.
Immediately before serving, slice up another banana and arrange on top of the pie, and if you like it, pipe some whip cream on top! DELISH!
- 9 inch ready made graham cracker crust
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 - 3 ¼ oz instant vanilla pudding
- Place crust inside pie pan
- Slice up one banana and place on prepared crust.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, milk, and pudding until smooth and thickened. Pour over crust.
- Chill for 2-3 hours. Immediately before serving, slice up remaining banana, arrange on top, and pipe some whipped cream onto top of pie.
It’s a great treat to eat year round, but especially in the Spring and Summer. Later in the season on those hot days, it’s a cooling refreshing treat. Quick, easy, and minimal prep time.. it’s not the healthiest version, but it’s great when you are short on time, need to whip something up quickly for a party pot luck, or just feel like indulging with your girlfriends.