They may not be potato chips, but they’re a close second. These organic oven-baked kale chips are crispy and nutrition-packed that are sure to be gobbled up quickly. They are super easy to make, loaded with good-for-you stuff, and easy on the budget. Kale is a powerhouse of well-being loaded with such antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids that protect cells from free radical damage (oxidation), omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation, high fiber content lowers cholesterol and aides in digestion, sulfur for gallbladder and liver detox, Vitamin K to help strengthen bones and protect the nervous system, and Vitamins A and C to boost immunity, prevents kidney stones, feeds reproductive organs, and lowers blood pressure.
All you need is some organic kale from a local farm or market, clean it well and rip or cut into bite sized pieces. Toss them in organic EVOO, salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you fancy. Place them on a baking sheet, and pop them in the oven. You don’t want them overcooked, just lightly brown and crispy. They are a good snack to make in bulk ahead of time for the week.. like on Sunday make a big batch and store in baggies. They are also great for parties, sporting events, snacks in the car around town, or on the road traveling. Kids love them too!
- Organic One bunch kale cut in bite sized pieces
- Organic Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive oil
- Organic Sea Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Wash the kale thoroughly and rip it up into bite sized pieces, discarding the stems.
- In a large bowl, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- You can get creative with the seasonings, if you’d like.
- Spread the leaves on a large baking sheet, being careful not to overlap the pieces.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they’re crispy.