Fresh herbs are best with this recipe, but if you don’t have any on hand, you can certainly use their dried counterparts. Just use a pinch of each herb if you’re using dried. This dish is so delish and refreshing.. loaded with flavor, filling, but not stuffing. Light on the tummy, easy to digest, and very satisfying with the grilled flavor. Great year round, but especially summer time!
You are basically going to make the marinade out of oil and fresh herbs like basil, thyme, dill, oregano, and garlic. Let it sit to bring out the flavors in the herbs and infuse the aromas into the oil.
Clean your eggplant and cut into slices and salt them lightly. When the oil marinade has an aromatic infused scent, like you can tell the herbs have let their flavor out, brush the oil and herbs over the eggplant slices. Pop them on the grill for 15 minutes or so, and viola!
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the eggplant into slices and salt them lightly. Let them sit for about 15 minutes, so the salt can bring out the moisture of the pieces. Wipe them dry with a bit of paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt and pepper. Let site to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes.
- Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
- Place on a lightly greased grill and grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Mix with olive oil and garlic. Then let the flavors blend for about 15 minutes.
So tasty and delish, perfect summer time side dish for dinner or if you’re throwing a party!