If you’ve never tried sweet Czech sauerkraut, you’re in for a treat. It’s often served with dumplings and meat or you can just enjoy it by itself. Nice as a garnish or a side dish too.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil*
- 1 onion, chopped*
- 1 can or 15 oz. canned sauerkraut, drained*
- ¼ cup sugar*
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds*
- All items with the star * = Organic
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until it’s soft.
- Then add the sauerkraut, sugar and caraway seeds.
- Stir and bring a simmer.
- Once it begins to simmer, reduce the temperature to medium low, cover the post and let cook for about 20 minutes.