Tender, but not overcooked asparagus is often a fine art. In this recipe, we steam the asparagus lightly before sautéing it with red wine vinegar. The final touch is chopped pine nuts sprinkled on top. Just a little goes a long way. Asparagus goes great with many dishes, from main courses of meat (if you’re a meat eater), to being it’s own main course in a smaller vegetarian or vegan meal. You can pair this with sliced tomatoes and seasoning, lay the spears and pine nuts over a bed of mixed lettuce and add other salad ingredients, or serve it with a sweet potato.
- 1 bunch of asparagus*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar*
- Salt and pepper*
- Chopped pine nuts*
- All items with the star * = Organic
- Cut the ends of the asparagus stems and steam the spears for about 3 minutes.
- Once the asparagus has steamed, over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the red wine vinegar and asparagus and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- When the asparagus starts to brown slightly it’s ready.
- Season it with salt and pepper and topped with chopped nuts.